Implement veterinary services strategy across all locations for 15 million egg laying hens. Provide leadership in company biosecurity processes, programs and training.
- Establish and implement veterinary services strategy
- Partner with the Director of Quality Systems & Compliance to manage biosecurity program
- Direct and develop training materials for the organization related to bird health
- Establish and maintain internal relationships with operations to ensure the vet services strategy is consistently applied
- Leverage external partnerships to ensure industry best practices are considered and appropriately implemented
- Develop strategy and provide oversight of field studies, review data and make recommendations on nutrition, vaccinations, etc.
- Train employees to detect and determine the nature of disease or conditions, create appropriate response plan and participate as needed in the diagnosis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Licensed in/or ability to be licensed to practice in IA, MN, OH and WI
- 8 plus years of practice including 4 plus years in poultry
- Level 2 veterinary accreditation with certification in all 4 states
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of poultry
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of animal welfare and bird handling programs
- Ability to travel to locations up to 50% of the time
An equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran