Territory Business Manager -- RI, South of Boston, Cape and the Islands
RI, South of Boston, Cape and the Islands
We are seeking a highly capable individual for Territory Business Manager, US Petcare Division. Primary responsibilities include utilizing solution selling, territory management, and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography. This position will be remote and will require travel and some evening work for educational programs.
- Meet overall sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via demand generation within targeted geography
- Successfully launch new products, service offerings and generate new equipment leads
Selling Skills, Technical Knowledge, and Customer Value Delivery
- Consistently build and demonstrate relevant technical knowledge, verbal fluency, and veterinary practice expertise
- Build effective relationships with and service all targeted hospitals / personnel to ensure you maintain and grow relevance and access within each account.
- Interact with customers following all Zoetis promotional guidelines.
Territory Management and Teamwork
- Develop and execute a Territory Business Plan / Resource Allocation per our expectations effectively implementing the full complement of Zoetis resources and following up to maximize ROI
- Meet field activity expectations including sales call activity and investment in medical education programs
- Develop and execute a call-cycle at the account and veterinarian level that delivers our reach / frequency expectations
- Work with all Zoetis Petcare colleagues in a professional manner to include consistently meeting expectations around integrity/compliance, work-ethic, role/responsibility, conduct/attire, effective communication/informing, all administrative responsibilities, and overall teamwork.
Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization. Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever changing environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) strongly preferred
- Success in previous roles including creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
- 3-10 years of documented and successful consultative sales experience
- Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic
- Uses analytics and insights to enhance decision-making and tactical execution.
- Follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage assigned expense budgets
- Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter
- Animal Health experience and knowledge of small animal veterinary medicine
- Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn Zoetis systems
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Ability and willingness to travel and work some evenings as required by the position.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.