Zoetis Reference Laboratories (ZRL) is currently seeking full time Clinical Pathologists for multiple US location. Zoetis Reference lab is a new division of Zoetis Global Diagnostics and currently includes legacy Phoenix, Zn and Ethos laboratories.
Responsibilities of this role will include interpretation of cytology, hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and endocrine testing as well as consultation with veterinarian clients. Opportunities to participate in CE offerings/wet labs for local veterinarians and technicians will also be available.
The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting the veterinary community. This is a values-driven organization where service is priority.
- Cytology examination of digitized and glass slide cytology samples with reporting that includes a microscopic description, interpretation and pertinent comments
- CBC and urine reviews examination of CBC and urine slides sent up for review based on pre-set criteria with a write-up and interpretation taking into account any supplied pertinent history, chemistry and prior lab work
- Protein electrophoresis review and interpretation serum and urine
- Consultation with referring veterinarians regarding current, prior or future cases and general clinical pathology questions that could include CBC/chemistry/UA, endocrine, serology, and protein electrophoresis results
- Participate in and contribute to the quality control program, new test suggestions and new test validation in the core lab
- Supervise and assist in training the laboratory technicians/assistants and be involved with setting and adjusting the pathologist to review criteria
- Participate in continuing education programs for our clients, in the lab or in clinic, or at larger conferences if desired.
- DVM (or equivalent); ACVP Certified or Board Eligibility
- DVM/VMD degree
- Formal pathology training residency or graduate studies (Masters or PhD) in clinical pathology related field
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong diagnostic skills in Clinical Pathology
- Have excellent diagnostic skills to provide rapid, concise and accurate results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong analytic and problem solving abilities
- Highest level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential
- Have the ability to work at a fast pace while keeping the high level of quality that is expected
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and externally with clients
- Flexibility to changing methods and technologies
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.