We are seeking to fill full time or part time positions at the Animal Hospital of Palo Alto/ Midtown Veterinary Hospital (Palo Alto, CA)
We are currently looking for experienced Veterinary Technicians and Assistants to fill openings in our state of the art, family-owned Veterinary Hospital. You will have the opportunity to join our warm and welcoming, AAHA approved hospital.
We are looking for reliable, friendly, and motivated professionals who work well with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment. Interested candidates should have prior experience working in a Veterinary Hospital.
If you love animals and are committed to providing high-quality care, we hope youll submit an application!
* Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity. Lead veterinarians and veterinary medical team through the Cycle of Service and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
* Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
* Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
* Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
* Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
* Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
* Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* $250 Signing Bonus (90 Day Probation Period)
* Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
* Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
* Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* One year related experience required. Compensation for this position is dependent on experience and education.
* Physical effort: Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (lifting assistance provided when lifting animals over 40 lbs). Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
If this is what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!
* Benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k (Full-Time)
* Retail, website, and clinic discounts
* Competitve salary BOE
* Paid CE
* Paid RVT license renewal or testing