Experienced or Registered Veterinary Technicican (Full-Time)
Aguajito Veterinary Hospital in Monterey, CA is looking for Full-Time Registered or Experienced Veterinary Technicians.
* Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity.
* Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
* Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
* Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
* Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
* Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
* Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* 1 year experience in the field
* Physical effort: Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (lifting assistance provided when lifting animals over 40 lbs). Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
* Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
* License/Certificate as a Veterinary Technician is a plus!
* Knowledge of AVIMARK is also a plus!
* Benefits package: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k (Full-Time)
* Veterinary discounts
* Website and retail discount
* Cross - Training provided
* Paid CE
* Paid RVT license renewal or testing