Veterinary Emergency Group is hiring a part-time Veterinary Assistant. This position will be located at our Brooklyn, NY hospital. MUST be available to work nights, swings, weekends and/or holidays.
We believe in transparency, compassion, teamwork and positive motivation across the board! Our focus is helping people with their pets. Our mission is to find the right team members to facilitate this focus at all times. Come join our team where you are allowed and able to focus on your job while we focus on helping you do so in the best way possible!
* Providing first level customer service
* Restrain all types of animals, sizes and temperaments.
* Assist veterinarian and technicians with exams, procedures and Xrays
* Daily inventory and restocking
* Provide a clean and comfortable environment for all hospitalized pets
* Maintain cleanliness and disinfect all areas of the hospital including, but not limited to: laundry, cleaning of floors, taking out trash, cleaning treatment areas and exam rooms, reception area and bathrooms
* Must have experience with dogs and cats in a veterinary environment
* The ability to learn veterinary software programs
* Flexibility and available to work nights, weekends and holidays
WHY VEG: EMERGENCY IS OUR THING. IT'S ALL WE DO. WE OFFER:
* Industry-leading compensation
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 401 w/ company match
* Unlimited CE (emergency-focus)
* 10 weeks of Parental Leave with 100% pay!