Do you love making a difference in the quality of life for pets and want to work for a growing hospital that finds itself in need of an additional veterinarian? Combine the two by becoming our next full-timeAssociate Veterinarian at Damonte Ranch Animal Hospital located in Reno, Nevada.
Reno Nevada is where the largest alpine lake collides with the Biggest Little City in the World. There are great adventures for everyone! Venture out to the Black Rock Desert for star gazing, hot springs and remote solitude, or head into the mountains for scenic hikes and the clearest water you've seen. Not into hiking, there are plenty of shops and restaurants to keep you occupied.
Here's what we're looking for in our ideal candidate:
A dedicated and compassionate veterinarian who has empathy for pets and their people, as well as fellow team members. We are a tight-knit group of pet professionals that strives to give each and every one of our clients a pleasant experience from start to finish--do you feel the same way about the work that you provide? Do you enjoy educating both the clients and your team members? Are you dedicated to the profession and possess a willingness to learn more while expanding your knowledge and skills? Are you a stellar communicator that works hard to advocate for the importance of preventative care and goes above and beyond to meet your patients' needs? If you are nodding "yes!" to all of these key points, we want to hear from you--like yesterday!
Here's what you can expect to handle in this role on a routine basis:
● A wide variety of clients and pets with an array of medical needs
● Very busy and fast-paced environment
● Ability to utilize all of your skills - surgical, dental, diagnostic, procedural and case management
To be successful in this role you will need to:
● Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work seamlessly as a team, as well as independently
● Possess strong people skills, with a specialized focus on the quality of care that provides client satisfaction to the highest degree
● Be motivated and have a willingness to learn
● Clear and effective communication, with both clients and fellow team members
● A commitment to superior client services in all aspects of your job
● Acute attention to detail in all procedures and treatments
● License and be eligible to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Nevada
● 2 years' experience working in a veterinary practice preferred or will consider new grads should they "wow" us.
● Excellent computer software skills and proficient in electronic medical records
● Able to work weekends
As a part of our team in this associate veterinarian role, here is how you can expect to be compensated:
● ProSal with a guaranteed base and 20% production
● Continuing Education--get smarter on our dime!
● Medical Insurance
● Membership Dues and Licenses
● Generous Paid Time Off
● Simple IRA
● Veterinary Services at a reduced rate--because you probably have at least one four-legged family member running around your home!
About Us--And Why You Want to Join Our Awesome Practice
Because we feel that our client's pets are a special member of the family, our staff strive to provide the very best care and service your pets deserve within a facility that is warm and welcoming. At Damonte Ranch Animal Hospital, we are pet owners too and expect absolutely nothing less than the very best care for our own beloved four-legged family members.
To accomplish this goal, we aim to provide our clients with the highest level of customer service ... striving not to meet your expectations, but to exceed them. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, it is our commitment to protect the human-animal bond, thereby ensuring our pets live longer, healthier lives.
From the first smiling face you see when you walk through our doors, we are all committed to client/patient care and compassion. Our employees are committed to our practice because we recognize the unshakeable bond between humans and animals, and we understand that pets are family without question.
Want to learn more about us and what we offer? Think you'd make the purrfect fit as our next associate veterinarian? Contact us through this site and tell us a little about yourself and why you think you'd be pawsome at this exciting career opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: Damonte Ranch Animal Hospital is both a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.