Do you love making a difference in the quality of life for pets and a palate for "Wine Country, California" in the town of Sutter Creek? Combine the two by becoming our next Associate Veterinarian at Acorn Hills Animal Center. There really is gold in those hills.
When you're not enjoying the miles of tranquil trails, amazing vineyards and admiring the intriguing history of the area- don't forget to enjoy the abundant wildlife.
Here's what we're looking for in our ideal candidate:
A compassionate and understanding veterinarian who has empathy for pets and their people, as well as fellow team members. We are a tight-knit group of pet professionals that strives to give each and every one of our clients a pleasant experience from start to finish--do you feel the same way about the work that you provide? Do you enjoy educating both the clients and your team members? Are you a stellar communicator that works hard to advocate for the importance of preventative care and goes above and beyond to meet your patients' needs? If you are nodding "yes!" to all of these key points, we want to hear from you--like yesterday!
Here's what you can expect to handle in this role on a routine basis:
● Work closely with our clients and their pets
● Provide patients with a high level of patient care while thoroughly working up cases
● Excellent surgical techniques and dental skills
● Capable of leading a team of technicians
To be successful in this role you will need to:
● Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work seamlessly as a team, as well as independently
● Possess strong people skills, with a specialized focus on the quality of care that provides client satisfaction to the highest degree
● Clear and effective communication, with both clients and fellow team members
● A commitment to superior client services in all aspects of your job
● Be respectful and courteous to all team members
● Acute attention to detail in all procedures and treatments
● License and be eligible to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of California
● 2 years' experience working in a veterinary practice preferred - but, we would love to talk to a new graduate!
● Excellent computer software skills and proficient in electronic medical records
● We work until 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, answer the phone until 6PM, Saturdays 9 AM - 2 PM. Average 35-40 hours/week.
As a part of our team in this associate veterinarian role, here is how you can expect to be compensated:
● $90,000 ProSal guaranteed base salary with 22% production
● Continuing Education--get smarter on our dime!
● Participate in the Simple IRA hospital plan
● Membership Dues and Licenses
● Generous Paid Time Off and paid sick leave
SIGNING BONUS/RELOCATION PACKAGE
About Us--And Why You Want to Join Our Awesome Practice
Acorn Hills Animal Center currently has two veterinarians that are responsible for taking great care of our patients, clients, each other, and our hospital. Our team members are caring people serving the local and extended community with excellence, compassion, and drive. We are determined to meet or exceed the expectations of the people we serve and educate.
From the first smiling face you see when you walk through our doors, we are all committed to client/patient care and compassion. Our employees are committed to our practice because we recognize the unshakeable bond between humans and animals, and we understand that pets are family without question. You want the best for your family, and we want to be the ones to provide it for those four-legged family members.
Apply now! A few minutes now could change your career forever.
Please note: Acorn Hills Animal Center is both a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.