Mar 16, 2023
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center
Central Point, OR, USA
Full time, Part time
Up to $6,000 Sign On Bonus + Relocation Assistance available for Oregon Licensed CVT's!
What to Expect:
- Great Learning Environment: Not only will you have the opportunity to see a variety of cases virtually guaranteeing no two days are the same, but you will have a chance to learn from our highly trained doctors, board-certified specialists, and our dedicated Technical Supervisors-one of which is dual certified with a VTS in Dentistry AND Emergency & Critical Care!
- Friendly/Inclusive Culture: Our team is working hard to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels welcome and treats each other with respect and kindness. We foster team building opportunities with employee sponsored events; such as crafting, hiking, gaming and more.
- Teamwork: Our team ALWAYS pulls together for the best of each patient. All hands on deck, coming together, working as a team even during the hardest of days.
- Quality Medicine: Our team of Doctors and Technicians utilize state of the art equipment to perform advanced techniques providing excellent care and treatment services.
- You are a Certified Veterinary Technician (or soon to be graduate preparing for the VTNE) dedicated to maintaining a positive, respectful, and uplifting hospital culture
- You strive to provide outstanding client service and excellent patient care.
- You’re not afraid to jump in and get your feet wet! A team member who contributes to the operation of the entire hospital, you will help get all the day’s duties done.
- You understand that clear, effective communication among clients and team members is a priority.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to utilize your full skill-set while simultaneously learning new & advanced techniques.
- You are versatile – you can adapt to the individual needs of each patient and truly want to make a difference.
We offer flexible shifts with short three-day (12-hour shift) and four-day (10-hour shift) work weeks with generous weekend and overnight differentials.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Practicing veterinary medicine to the fullest extent of your hard-earned veterinary technology license
- Provide the highest quality patient care in accordance with the Oregon State Veterinary Practice Act
- Provide effective and timely support for the staff veterinarians and work closely with the clients, patients and other staff members
- Work closely with technician assistants, new employees, as well as other team members to provide training, teaching and mentorship
- Provides excellent customer service including greeting and assisting clients who seek medical services, gathering patient information and keeping clients up to date on their pet’s status as needed
- Monitor and care for emergency and critical patients, internal medicine patients, surgery (pre- and post-op) patients, and urgent care patients
- Operation of Surgi-Vet units, Hallowell ventilators, mobile telemetry units, Dopplers, Heska + Baxter CRI pumps, Vimago CT machine, Snyder oxygen chambers, High-Flow Oxygen machine, and more!
Some of Our Perks!
- Competitive Wages
- Sign On Bonus + Relocation Assistance for Oregon CVTs
- PTO accrual up to 180 hours per year
- Paid Sick Leave accrual 40 hours per year
- SIGNIFICANT Employee Pet Discount (up to 75% off all services + free vaccines)
- 401k + Employer Match (up to 3%)
- Funded CE, License, + Membership fees
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life/Accident/Disability Insurance + More
- Annual Uniform Reimbursement
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunities
- Generous Weekend + Overnight Shift Differentials
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for students enrolled in a Penn Foster program
For more information about our hospital, please visit www.sovsc.com
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.