Enjoy working near the beach in beautiful Del Mar, CA. AAHA accredited Animal and Bird Hospital of Del Mar is seeking a receptionist to join our team. Our patients are comprised of dogs, cats, and birds. We are looking for a motivated individual who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Our privately owned business is well established in an affluent community with a committed clientele where comprehensive work-ups are common practice. We currently employee five full-time veterinarians with twenty support staff. The practice emphasizes high end care and with state-of-the-art equipment. The hospital is open seven days a week with daytime operating hours. Employees are eligible for generous discounts for their own pets.
Above all we value a healthy work-life balance. Del Mar is a picturesque coastal town in sunny San Diego. Take your pets on a walk to dog beach on your lunch break and after work hit up View Point Brewery across the street overlooking the lagoon with some coworkers. Days off will give you plenty of time to explore our local beaches, mountains, and deserts. We cannot wait to meet you!
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing exceptional service to clients and patients
• Greeting clients and patients as they arrive to the hospital
• Answering phones
• Communicating client questions, concerns, and refill requests to the appropriate doctor
• Scheduling appointments
• Preparing medical charts and exam sheets
• Respectfully adhering to directions given by the lead receptionist, doctors, and/or manager
• Assisting other employees, doctors, and clients in a cheerful and respectful manner as a representative of Animal and Bird Hospital of Del Mar.