A busy hospital in Austin, TX whose focus is on high quality client and patient care is seeking a full time veterinary technician. Our hospital is a fast paced environment and the technicians are active all day. Candidate must be a meticulous, outgoing team player who is great at multitasking and thrives in a busy setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay rate: Dependent on experience
- High school diploma or GED minimum
- Associates or bachelor degree preferred
- Customer service 2+ years
- Medical/Veterinary setting preferred
- Veterinary Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Preferred but not required:
- Medical experience - human or animal
- Basic medical terminology
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (including but not limited to):
- Attention to detail, organizing and planning
- Excellent client service skills/customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skill preferred
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Passion to continuously learn
- High emotional/stress tolerance
- Ability to take direction as well as take initiative is highly valued in a candidate.
- Technician should be well rounded with experience in seeing patient appointments throughout business hours, taking patient samples, running lab work, taking radiographs, and providing general support to the doctors.
- Availability to work around holidays and weekends are required, as well as a flexible work schedule. Days and hours will range from M-F 7am-6:30pm, Sat 8am-1pm
- Provide top-notch customer service by being attentive to client and pet needs.
- Check-in/check out clients, process payment transactions.
- Monitor multiple Dr schedules and flow of appointments
- Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management in an efficient and timely manner
- Venipuncture for blood draws
- IV catheter placement
- Surgical prep
- Anesthesia monitoring
- T/P/R knowledge
- Bandaging/wound knowledge
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
- Obtains and verifies medications.
- Cytology prep/basic readings
- Take x-rays
- Safe, low stress restraint skills
- Knowledge of vaccines
- Nail trims, Anal glands, etc
- Basic triage knowledge